Diversity and Inclusion
Resources from Association of Chamber of Commerce Executives
Diversity Abroad is primarily a study abroad resource geared towards students from diverse backgrounds. Provides destination guides to about 40 countries, including country-specific information regarding diversity, many of which have links to further information regarding specific topics.
The International LGBTQ+ Travel Association provides country guides, blogs, LGBTQ+ friendly travel suppliers, and events.
The International Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Trans and Intersex Association has resource pages, events, reports and news links. One of the particularly useful resources is their
map of sexual orientation laws.
Equaldex is another very helpful visualization of sexual orientation laws by country.
Nomadic Boys follows the travel adventures of Stefan and Sebastien, and has destination guides, interviews, and a host of other resources for gay travelers.
LGBT Student Guide for Education Abroad from USF (University of South Florida)
GoAbroad’s LGBTQ study abroad guide, although much of the material is relevant to non-student travelers as well.
Her Own Way, a thorough safe-travel guide for women published by the Government of Canada.
Study abroad orientation for students with disabilities from the University of Minnesota.
Tips for traveling with a disability from Healthline
- Nomadic Matt has a variety of resources for those Getting Started in their travel lives.
- Expert Vagabond has a posts on jobs you can do while traveling – 33 Best Travel Jobs To Make Money Traveling
- Hostelling International’s Explore the World and Exlore America travel scholarships — Recipients receive $2,000 (Exlore the World, for international trips) or $1,000 (Explore America, for domestic trips) to help finance travel that includes an educational or service component.
- Responsible Travel Tips PDF via CREST
- How to Increase Workplace Diversity – The Wall Street Journal
- Cultural Intelligence: The Essential Intelligence for the 21st Century (PDF) – Cultural Intelligence Center
- Three Reasons Why Diverse Teams Outperform Homogenous Teams by Caterina Bulgarella
- The Future is Genderless; Billy Kolber’s remarks at the TED-Style IGLTA Travel Talk, closing out the IGLTA 2019 Global Convention
- The Case for Responsible Travel (PDF) by CREST
- Heritage Tourism by Cordell Reaves, Historic Interpretation and Preservation Analyst, New York State Office of Parks, Recreation, and Historic Preservation
Do you have resources that could help individuals bring travel into their lives, businesses be more inclusive, or destinations thrive?
Let us know if you want to be included: [email protected]